Seven Laws of Noah
Universal Laws for All Mankind
The following Seven Universal Laws were given by G-D to Noah and apply to all mankind. Those that follow these Laws (Commandments) are considered righteous.
The Seven Laws of Noah are not to be confused with the Ten Commandments, which only apply to Jews.
1. No Idolatry - there is only one G-d. You must believe in the singularity of G-d i.e. there is no g-d of the sun and another g-d of fire, etc. Direct all prayers to G-d and not to idols, angels, man or any intermediary.
Do not make or use an idol or graven image, even for ornamental purposes or turn to idolatry in word, thought, deed or action.
Do not practice or make any use of sorcery, soothsaying, witchcraft, divination, conjury, mediums, demonology, wizardry or necromancy.
2. No Blasphemy - prohibition against expressing disrespect for G-d, swearing or cursing by the name of G-d or using G-d’s name in vain.
3. No Murder - prohibition against murdering another person. This includes suicide and abortion (abortion is allowed if mother’s life or psychological wellbeing is at risk). Killing in self-defense is not murder.
4. No Sexual Immorality
No adultery (sexual relations between a man and a woman who is married to another man).
No incest (sexual relations between close relatives).
No bestiality (man or woman copulating with a beast).
No homosexuality (man lying carnally with a male).
5. No Theft - no stealing, committing robbery, cheating, overcharging, use or possession of false weights and measures or kidnapping of persons.
6. Cruelty to Animals - do not eat any part of a living creature (limb, flesh, organ, etc.) whilst this creature is still alive.
This is a general commandment against cruelty to animals. Animals were created for our benefit and although humans can use them for food, they must be killed in a humane, quick and painless, manner.
Domesticated animals and pets must be provided with water, food and shelter and must be fed before you eat, although if thirsty, you can quench your thirst first.
7. Establish Courts of Justice - to establish Courts of Law and effective government to police the preceding six laws, otherwise anarchy will prevail.
There are Noahide communities around the world. Use internet to search for a centre near you.